This blog is about Graphic Design, Vector Art, and Cartoon Illustration BradHallArt.com


Software for creative people

I am an artist, an illustrator and a graphic designer. Sometimes people are surprised that, since I teach software, I am not a "techy person". But for Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and Dreamweaver you don't have to be. In fact, that's the point.

Ever since I first started teaching these software programs in the 90's, my philosophy has been to encourage creative people to take control of their projects by learning the software.

The Adobe Suite is designed to be used by artists. The interface is best used by people who think visually. If that's you, you are in luck. In fact, this is the best possible relationship of humans to computers. You add the creativity, the software does the work.

But keep in mind that these are not video games. Trying to figure them out all by yourself is a recipe for frustration. If you learn best from books, invest in a tutorial book, and do a little bit at a time. You will also find these programs taught at your local community college, both on campus and online. You can attend seminars offered by companies such as Roundpeg. Of course, the best thing to do is to contact me if you are in the Phoenix, Arizona area. My specialty is half-day sessions, which I have been doing for over ten years now, and I have seen clients go from hating software programs to loving them.

BradHallArt.com