This blog is about Graphic Design, Vector Art, and Cartoon Illustration BradHallArt.com


Using iCal with your email to remember appointments

I've never had enough appointments to carry around an appointment book, or to have a calendar hanging in my office. But I do have appointments, and it is very important to me to remember them. I have never been the kind of person who says, "call me and remind me right before", because I know how to keep appointments.

But ringing bells, and flashing lights and post-it notes stuck all over my computer just doesn't work for me. What does work for me is an email reminder. Like most people, I compulsively check my email. This is where critical information comes in, such as confirmation of training dates, sales on Amazon, and pictures of dogs from my friend in Los Angeles.

If you are like me that way, this technique will work good for you. When creating an appointment in iCal, select alarm>email. I select the number of hours before to allow this reminder to appear in my email the first thing in the morning. An email appears in my inbox, from me (well, from my computer) and reminds me of my appointment. I keep that email current until the appointment is over.

As a professional, keeping appointments is critical. Missing an appointment is unthinkable, and if you expect your client, or your friends, to call and remind you, you are sending a message that they are not important. My friends and my clients are very important to me and I prove it by keeping appointments.

If you would like to make an appointment with me to learn Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, or Dreamweaver, please contact me. I do personal on-site training in the Phoenix, Arizona area. I'm already looking forward to it. See you then!

BradHallArt.com