This blog is about Graphic Design, Vector Art, and Cartoon Illustration BradHallArt.com


Do Macintosh computers ever break?

I have been fortunate to have made my living, as a graphic designer, on Macintosh computers since the early nineties. My career started in the late 80s, and the first computers I used were PCs. I remember seeing my first Mac at a trade show in Los Angeles in the late 1980s, and I knew that I liked them right away. When I started working at Valley Bank in Phoenix (photo at left), the art department was set up with Macs. I was in heaven!

Macintosh computers are much better than PCs. But, really, that isn't saying very much. They are, after all just computers. Made out of plastic and wires and stuff. If you think that switching from a PC to a Mac will be a magical experience, you are expecting too much.

Don't get me wrong. Macs are great. You will love yours. But it runs on electricity just like anything else, not on fairy dust. The reason I say this is because of the tremendous expectations people seem to have for these machines. And that's what they are, just machines. Macintosh computers do break. They can freeze up, just like PCs. They can get viruses. Yes, they are only human. So, be realistic. Back up your files, invest in virus protection. Just because you're on a Mac now doesn't mean nothing will ever go wrong.

OK, I feel better now. Go enjoy your new Mac!

If you would like to get personal on-site software training in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator or Dreamweaver in the greater Phoenix, Arizona area, please contact me.

BradHallArt.com