This blog is about Graphic Design, Vector Art, and Cartoon Illustration BradHallArt.com


Getting free video podcasts on iTunes for your iPod

I'm a big fan of the video iPod. I have lots of movies, TV shows, etc. on it but lately I have been watching a lot of video podcasts. These are short videos, which you can download and sync to your iPod for free. They are basically small promotions. Podcast videos are only a few minutes long, and they are pretty cool. I download them and put them into a playlist. This is how I do it.

I like to have something to watch while I'm on my exercise bike in the spare room. I've tried lots of things, but the little podcasts are what I'm enjoying right now. This is how you find these free podcasts, and it is the easiest way for me.

In iTunes, search for fitness video podcast (or whatever subject you like). There are a lot of podcasts, so you can browse if you'd like to, but I find that it wastes time. This will take you to a page of fitness video podcasts (yes, they're all free). Select one (in this example I am showing Instructional Fitness, my personal favorite) and it takes you to page to subscribe.

By the way, the video podcast page backgrounds are black, the audio podcast page background are white. Click on Subscribe Free, and after the videos download, you just sync them to your iPod as you would normally. I make have a playlist called "Exercise", which is where I put mine.

Like I said, there are lots and lots of them, and more are being added all the time, so here is a trick that I like to use. Look on the bottom of the page for "Viewers also subscribed to" to find more that are related to your search. It's kind of fun!

If you would like to get personal on-site software training in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator or Dreamweaver in the greater Phoenix, Arizona area, please contact me.

BradHallArt.com