This blog is about Graphic Design, Vector Art, and Cartoon Illustration BradHallArt.com


How to charge for logo design

Even though I'm a graphic designer, I haven't really done that many logos in my career. I've done a few, mostly for companies that I was working for, but not that many freelance. It's funny, because most people have just always imagined Graphic Designers doing nothing but logos. And that is part of what we do.

I always charge hourly for my graphic design, even logos. My professional rate, as of the writing of this blog post, October 28, 2010, is $95.00 per hour. So, if I meet with you, and you just want a few logo designs, you could just buy an hour of my time. I'm pretty good, and chances are very good that you will get an excellent logo from me. You might be wise to order two hours from me and get lots of logos. $190.00 is still a pretty darn good price for a logo!

Don't ever charge a "flat rate" for a logo. If you ask for, say, $500.00, your client feels that they have the right to ask for an infinite amount of logos, and changes to those logos, and different colors, and different fonts. I think that you can see where I am going with this.

By the way, the logo that I use I designed while I was a student at ASU. And it's all just graphic design to me.

If you would like to get personal on-site software training in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator or Dreamweaver in the greater Phoenix, Arizona area, please contact me. As of the writing of this post, October, 28, 2010, my rate is $95 per hour with a three-hour minimum in the greater Phoenix, Arizona area (within 25 miles of Glendale 85302). The deposit is $140, which guarantees your appointment on my calendar. Yes, I will also do a training session on setting up your blog on Google Blogger. Paypal accepted, morning appointments only.

BradHallArt.com