This is an example of what I send to my clients before a blog training session
Thank you for your deposit. I am looking forward to seeing you at 9:30 a.m. on Tuesday the 15th of November. There are a couple of things that will make setting up your Google Blog training session easier for you, which you can prepare before our session.
• Find a good photo of yourself. It doesn't have to be super-high resolution, in fact it would be best if it wasn't. Take a look at the photo of me at the bottom of this blog and you will see about the size it will be. If possible, make a folder on your computer and put a bunch of photos in there, not just of you, but anything that you might like to use in a post. If you are going to be blogging about dogs, find some picture of dachshunds, for example.
• Write a couple of paragraphs about yourself. You probably have this somewhere already. If you have it in Word, copy it into WordPad (if you're on a PC) or TextEdit (if you're on a Mac). Word tends to throw in a lot of extra stuff that Blogger doesn't like.
• Save a short article on your computer. It doesn't have to be perfect, we will be able to easily edit it in Blogger, but this will save a lot of time during the session. Again, it would be helpful it it was in WordPad or TextEdit.
• Read some blogs. They don't have to be exactly about your subject. Look at layouts that you like, look at colors, look at the way that the information is presented. Blogger is based on modules, and you can put in lots of different things, like Categories, or Most Popular Posts from your blog. Not all blogs are created on Google Blogger, though, so keep in mind that some things must be done with HTML on a web site, which is beyond this training session.
• Make sure that your computer is working properly and that you can access your email. You don't need any special software to create a blog, so don't be concerned about that.
I will see you on Tuesday!
If you would like to get personal on-site software training in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator or Dreamweaver in the greater Phoenix, Arizona area, please contact me. As of the writing of this post, October, 27, 2010, my rate is $95 per hour with a three-hour minimum in the greater Phoenix, Arizona area (within 25 miles of Glendale 85302). The deposit is $140, which guarantees your appointment on my calendar. Yes, I will also do a training session on setting up your blog on Google Blogger. Paypal accepted, morning appointments only.