This blog is about Graphic Design, Vector Art, and Cartoon Illustration BradHallArt.com


Using Redbox to rent DVDs

I remember a time when, to rent a movie, you had to go into a building and walk around, looking at boxes on the walls. Some people, I'm told, liked this process. Prices would vary based on if it was a new release, or if no one really wanted to rent it and it just sat there. The new releases were more expensive. And a lot of times the new releases were already gone by the time you got there. It was kind of like going to the library, if you were clever, you knew where to look to see the ones that had just been checked in.

After finding a movie, you stood in a line to show someone a membership card, pay for it, and then you had to smile while someone told how much they liked the movie. This was always the hardest part for me.

Renting a movie at a Redbox is more like buying a coke out of a machine. You walk up to it, find the movie you want, check it out, and go. Movies cost a buck a night. Even if you hang onto it for more than a day, it's not that expensive. And, if you're smart, you give them your email address and they'll send you free rental codes. And if you have a friend with the right app on their phone, like I have, you can get free rentals that way, too. And, yes, you can return the movie to any Redbox, not just the machine you checked it out of. My local Redbox is a couple of blocks away, so I check to see if the movie I want is there (by going to their site), go get it, watch it, then return it anywhere I see a Redbox (and they're all over the place here in Phoenix) the next day.

If the disc has a problem, send them an email and you will get a free rental. Their customer service is excellent. They have responded to me right away. As you can tell, I like them. I am not wishing for "the old days"!

If you would like to get personal on-site software training in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator or Dreamweaver in the greater Phoenix, Arizona area, please contact me.

BradHallArt.com