This blog is about Graphic Design, Vector Art, and Cartoon Illustration BradHallArt.com


The difference between a software trainer and a computer support technician

I was recently speaking to a potential client who appeared to be puzzled about what I do. I do personal on-site training in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and Dreamweaver, plus I help set up blogs. That makes me a software trainer. But I am not a computer support technician. Those people are very valuable, but well, it's not me.

A computer support technician can install more memory, or replace your mother board, or show you how to hook up an external drive for backups. If you own a computer, you will need someone like this at some time. I can do some simple stuff for myself, but beyond that, I go to MacMedia.

Since I spend the majority of my life on a computer, I am familiar with most of the usual day-to-day stuff. It's kind of like, well, putting gas in your car, or checking the air in your tires. You can do this yourself. But if your engine starts making a funny sound, you need a mechanic. I am not a mechanic on a computer, I am a software trainer. You can consider me anything from a driving instructor to a stunt driver. I can show you how to go fast on your computer, some cool techniques and tricks for getting the most out of it.

So, my recommendation to you is to get the best machine that you can afford, with plenty of power, and load it up with the latest software. Then let's go drive!

If you would like to get personal on-site software training in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator or Dreamweaver in the greater Phoenix, Arizona area, please contact me. As of the writing of this post, November 2nd, 2010, my rate is $95 per hour with a three-hour minimum in the greater Phoenix, Arizona area (within 25 miles of Glendale 85302). The deposit is $140, which guarantees your appointment on my calendar. Yes, I will also do a training session on setting up your blog on Google Blogger. Paypal accepted, morning appointments only.

BradHallArt.com