This blog is about Graphic Design, Vector Art, and Cartoon Illustration BradHallArt.com


Should you write a blog?

I'm pretty enthusiastic about blogging, but it isn't for everyone. The best use of a blog for a business, like mine, is to build credibility. That's done by exposure, so I keep this blog public. I want people to find me, to read about software training, caricatures, or cartooning. Maybe they will hire me, or order some cartoons. I have this blog on Blogger because it indexes so fast on Google.

Blogging, like having a website, is about public exposure. It's the modern "storefront" on main street. If you wanted to sell fish in medieval England, you pushed your cart down the main street and shouted. That's what all this blogging, and tweeting, is all about. This is, of course, in addition to all of the regular customers, and word-of-mouth referrals you are getting. If you are busy as you can be, there is no reason to blog, tweet, or even have a website. If you have a backlog of orders to fill, you really don't have time to expand your market. In fact, it's better that you get those orders out.

One advantage to a blog, or a website, is that you don't have to send everybody an email attachment with photos. You can do this on Facebook, too. A blog can work well for someone who, for example, is restoring old cars and wants to show the progress. This can drum up some excitement, and if your blog is public, people will probably forward it to other potential buyers. The picture at left is of an 1959 Autobianchi Bianchina Trasformabile. Since I included those words in this blog, they will show up in a Google search. I can put as many pictures as I want in this blog, and just send the link to my clients, instead of clogging up people's inboxes with attached jpegs.

If you would like to get personal on-site software training in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator or Dreamweaver in the greater Phoenix, Arizona area, please contact me.  Yes, I will also do a training session on setting up your blog on Google Blogger! Paypal accepted, morning appointments only.

BradHallArt.com