Writing your blog post like a Sunday-morning sermon!
The church that I attend, Vineyard Church, in Glendale, Arizona, is worth going to, especially for the minister, Brian Anderson. And, like most people, I have missed a sermon or two of his. But when I hear one, I am impressed! He may refer back to something that he has said a few Sundays ago, but he isn't relying on me to have been there. His sermons stand alone. And even if your subject isn't as important as his, you can pick up a few pointers from him.
• Put some life into your blog posts. Don't just drone on and on, boring people. Long-winded, boring stuff is not appealing. Don't do it.
• Keep a positive tone. Tell your readers about benefits, don't give them "fire and brimstone" - that's a turn-off
• Stay focused. Going off on tangents confuses people. Be specific.
• Repeat, review, recap. Doing this well is a sign of a master.
• Keep it long enough to be of interest, short enough to have impact.
If you are in Glendale on a Sunday morning, stop in and listen to Brian Anderson. Yes, he has a great subject, but he is also very, very good at what he does. And be inspired!
If you would like to get personal on-site software training in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator or Dreamweaver in the greater Phoenix, Arizona area, please contact me. Yes, I will also do a training session on setting up your blog on Google Blogger. Paypal accepted, morning appointments only.
Contact Brad directly
Posted by Brad Hall