This blog is about Graphic Design, Vector Art, and Cartoon Illustration BradHallArt.com


Updating to Adobe Dreamweaver CS5

I recently updated to Dreamweaver CS5. As expected, it can do even more stuff. Like most software programs, updates are responses to requests from users. Someone says, "hey, could make your software do this...." and Adobe responds with more features.

That's the good news. The bad news is that Dreamweaver is beginning to look like the dashboard of a 747. If you are daunted by how it looks, and you are a beginner, I understand. But there is a trick to making using this software program, and all graphics software programs, easier. I've been showing this to my students and clients since I started teaching in the late 90s.

Close all of the palettes. They are also called panels. In the menu, they are called Windows. I know it sounds confusing, but please remember, I didn't design this software, I just teach it. It would be so much easier if I could be pointing to the screen right now for you! Anyway, that's the first step. Getting rid of panels, palettes, etc. on the screen that you aren't using is like taking the roller-skates off of the stairs. It will make it so much easier to get around!