This blog is about Graphic Design, Vector Art, and Cartoon Illustration BradHallArt.com


How to get an email reminder from your calendar

There are many ways to remember things, and we are all different. Some people like to use post-it notes, some people like to write on the back of their hand, the list is endless. What I have found in the last year that works for me is having an email sent to me by my calendar. Like a lot of people, I check my email several times a day. And many of my clients know that it is the best way to contact me. And there is a way to set it up to have your computer remember and remind you. Computers like to remember things - and they are much better than people!

If you have a Macintosh computer, and you are using iCal along with Mail, there is a cool way to get iCal to send you a reminder email for appointments. It's under "alert".

When making the appointment in your calendar, select alert >  Send email to (your email address, of course) and select the time. I like the 15 hours before option. That way, I get an email the day before and I keep it in front of me to help remind me of the appointment.

This works for me!