This blog is about Graphic Design, Vector Art, and Cartoon Illustration BradHallArt.com


Using the new Google Analytics

My first reaction when I see a redesign of an interface that I have been using for a long time is *oh no!*. I have been in the habit of checking on all of my websites with Google Analytics first thing every morning. The old interface had a page that displayed all of them - with the number of visits during the past month, average time on site, bounce rate, and the percentage of change for the past month. If I needed more information, I could click and go get it.

Now, it's just a page with a listing. Even when you click on a site, you have to click on it again to get anything to happen. Then it takes you to an enormous amount of information. And maybe that's the point. I'm still figuring it out.

I don't know why they changed the interface, I'm sure that there is a reason. There is probably a way to customize a page to display like the old interface, I'm going to try to find out. By the way, it's a bad idea (although tempting) to just click *old interface*. When a new design is launched, they do that, but keep in mind that it will go away after a while and you will still have to deal with the new interface.

Again, I don't know why they do this, but they do.