This blog is about Graphic Design, Vector Art, and Cartoon Illustration BradHallArt.com


Saying goodbye to Facebook

I've been teaching computer software for over fifteen years now, mostly Adobe, so I pride myself on keeping up with the latest thing in the world of computers. I was an early adaptor to the internet and have had a website, and the same email address, for almost a decade. And I really like cyberspace, and I want to know what it's all about. It's best expressed by a friend of mine who once said, "When I was a kid, I wanted to know everything, and I never outgrew it".

In spite of my advanced years - I'm well over 27 - I have no desire for everything to remain the same. In fact, it kind of saddens me when I hear someone lamenting how good it was *back in the day*. Sure it was, then, but this is now.

If you like Facebook, don't worry, it will be around for a long time. Hey, MySpace is still there, much to my surprise! But as for me, and my clients that I advise, I am saying goodbye to Facebook. But please don't get me wrong. There is nothing wrong with Facebook, or MySpace, I've just outgrown them.

Yep, I'm moving over to Google Plus. Yeah, it's quiet over there. I was fortunate enough to be one of the very first people who got an invitation to Google Plus last year. I remember looking at it, wandering around, walking down empty hallways and opening doors to empty rooms. It didn't seem like much. But I returned yesterday and the transformation is amazing!

Google Plus is where I want to be. There are grown-ups there! Professionals who have something interesting to say. You don't *write on walls* there - and I have yet to see the type of inane chatter that Facebook is. It's a window to the world.

Goodbye, Facebook. If you're wondering whatever became of me, I'll be on Google Plus.