This blog is about Graphic Design, Vector Art, and Cartoon Illustration BradHallArt.com


Why you shouldn't forward emails

In the last couple of years I am seeing a lot less of the pointless and funny emails being forwarded to me. If you're still forwarding stuff that you think is funny, I am about to hurt your feelings. Stop it. Now. I mean it. You are annoying people and they are thinking that you are an idiot.

If you're wondering why you shouldn't forward this stuff, it may be that you aren't using email the way that other people do. For me, it's my business lifeline. There are a lot of important messages that I need to see, and in spite of the fact that I have relegated your emails to my *junk* folder, I still have to look through all of that on a regular basis, too. And it's annoying.

But it's human nature to want to share things. I became a teacher because I'm a *hey look at this* kind of guy. But forwarding emails is not the way to do it. There are a lot of other ways to share things with your friends.

Rather than forwarding an email

• Use Facebook. People love this kind of stuff on Facebook! Your hilarious item will do what it is supposed to, bring joy to your friends. Get on Facebook and start posting.

• Write a blog. That's how I get a lot of stuff that I want to share off my chest. I would like to think that people are reading this, but if they're not, well, at least I still got to share.

• Get on Google+. Right now Google+ is so empty and people there are just plain lonely. They would love to get something from you.

• Send a postcard. Sound corny? People still love postcards! I love postcards.

And that's just a few suggestions. There is a lot of great stuff out there on the internet that people want to share. Just don't hit the *Forward* button on your email. In fact, it's best - if you can on your system - to remove the Forward button to remove the temptation.