This blog is about Graphic Design, Vector Art, and Cartoon Illustration BradHallArt.com


Ordering groceries on your computer

I like technology. I like computers. I like the internet. I like ordering groceries online. I started doing this last year when I was very busy with my business and I just didn't feel like dragging myself out to the grocery store, walking around, filling a cart, checking out, putting my groceries in my car, then taking them out of my car and putting them away. And now I'm hooked on ordering my groceries online.

To make this work for you, this is what you need:

• You will need a computer with an internet connection. If you're like me, you've spent a lot of time in cyberspace and like the convenience of clicking a mouse and using the find command.

• You need to order pretty much the same stuff all the time. I have been eating Cheerios for breakfast since I was a kid. I also drink milk, eat apples, that sort of thing. Over and over and over, all of my life. Ordering stuff online is no place to experiment. I like braeburn apples, I know that.

• You will need to be home at some time. I work out of my house, so it's no problem. But you can have groceries delivered in the evening, or on weekends.

Having groceries around the house has always been an important part of my life, and part of my fitness program. I really, really, like having a lot of good food around the house. But I really don't like the idea of dragging myself through Safeway, filling a cart. So Safeway comes to me. They bring my groceries in a nice big truck which has kept everything frozen and refrigerated, and their delivery charge is about the price of a couple of gallons of gas - and sometimes free if you pay attention to their special offers. The drivers do not accept tips.

This works for me!