This blog is about Graphic Design, Vector Art, and Cartoon Illustration BradHallArt.com


Promotion, publicity, advertising, exposure

There is an old saying that goes, "when you build a better mouse-trap, the world will beat a path to your door". And as all marketing people know, it isn't true. If you don't promote your product your service, no one will know about it, and no one will buy it.

Advertising and promotion didn't start with the internet. Before Google ads there were ads in newspapers and magazines. There still are. And before pictures of products and services on the internet, there were publicity photos. Publicity is simply getting as many people to become familiar with your product or service as possible. Publicity people have been giving out photos, and writing about their companies for years. So if you see a photo of "Al's Garage", it's meant to be shared. Actually, a lot of newspapers and magazines just throw this stuff away, rather than print it. So if you are concerned about "copyright" of any image that promotes me or my business, don't be. Share it, post it, print it. All I ask is that you please try to get my name right.

So if you would like to use one of my cartoons, please do. They are the best publicity I can get, and more valuable advertising than anything I can buy. You don't need my permission. It would be nice if you would leave my signature on the artwork, and nicer still if you mentioned where you found it, which is

bradhallart.com

If you would like, I can supply them to you in high resolution, vector, you name it. You can contact me here.

Thank you for sharing!