This blog is about Graphic Design, Vector Art, and Cartoon Illustration BradHallArt.com


How to issue a refund in ebay

To issue a refund to someone who has purchased something from you in ebay, go to your Paypal account. You don't need to go to ebay at at all. Once you're logged into Paypal, find the transaction (make sure it's the right one!) and click refund, and follow the steps.

I started selling on ebay many years ago, not to get rich quick, but to learn about how it works. It turns out that I have been such a careful seller that I have never had to issue a refund. It wasn't a large amount, and I know that the buyer had probably opened the envelope and gotten it mixed up with something else on his desk, but I gave the benefit of the doubt and did the refund right away.

This is an important lesson! Remember when you sell something "mail order", even a delivery signature proves nothing but that the package arrived safely. It's their word against yours that the item in the package was correct. Of course, the worst that a buyer can do is give you a bad review, which hurts your feelings, and your reputation, but he can't really get his money back unless you decide to do the refund. I've done many ebay transactions over the years and this is the first refund I've done. It's not going to discourage me from selling on ebay, but I recommend being cautious. Large transactions are best done face-to-face.

Ebay is a lot of fun. But it's a gamble. And you should never gamble more than you can stand to lose!