This blog is about Graphic Design, Vector Art, and Cartoon Illustration BradHallArt.com


Earning money with Adsense on your blog

If you have ever been curious about how, and how much money, you can earn by having ads on your blog, I will soon be able to tell you. The process isn't over yet, and as near as I can tell, I have discovered the world's slowest way of making money.

It looks like I may, or may not, be getting a check from Adsense either next month, or possibly the month after that. In order to get a check, you have to have earned a minimum of $100. How it happens, how it's calculated, the actual amount, and when you get it, appear to be more complex than quantum mechanics. I have lived here on planet Earth long enough to have understood how taxes work, how escrow works, I even have a fair idea of how quantum mechanics works. But how Adsense works is beyond me.

I have had Adsense on four blogs for over two years now. They get thousands of hits (thank you!) but it, uh, kind'a leaves Adsense unimpressed. Luckily, I am not doing this for ad revenue, this promotes my cartoon illustration (or at least it should) and graphic design business. But I'm a webby kind of guy, so it's important that I know about stuff like Adsense. What if someone walked up to me and said, "Brad! How does Adsense work?!"

If you had asked me two years ago, I would have had to tell you to wait a bit. I'm still waiting. I'll let you know how it goes.