This blog is about Graphic Design, Vector Art, and Cartoon Illustration BradHallArt.com


Google Adsense payments process

It looks like I am going to get my first payment from Google Adsense. In addition to being the slowest possible way to make money, it appears to be a process that rivals sending a spaceship to Jupiter in its complexity. Here is what I have so far:

Today I got an alert when I checked my Earnings Status. Interestingly enough, I did not receive any type of alert when I wrote a blog post earlier today, I had to go check it. It took me to a link that gave me more things to do. And they have asked me to check back again later, which I will.

It's all explained in their "New payments experience" (at left) that couldn't be goofier if they had actually tried to be funny. If you remember the instructions on how to use the "zero-gravity toilet" in the movie "2001: A Space Odyssey", it's like that. I'm sure they meant well. And to be fair to them, things are changing all of the time, and they're making this stuff up as they go along, like everyone on the web has always done.

So, if you think that you may be overdue to be paid on for your Adsense, go check it in your dashboard. But don't be surprised if your thousands of blog posts have earned you only a few pennies. I'm sure that Google is making a bunch of money out of this, though.

Update - the next day. I just noticed that Google says that to allow ten days for the test deposit. So, the after the test deposit, they will probably allow another ten days for the actual deposit. I would call them "slower than a snail", but it would be an insult to snails everywhere.

Update March 1st. I got a check in the mail from Google today. I think the lesson that I am learning here is to ignore it, like waiting for water to boil, and it will happen.