This blog is about Graphic Design, Vector Art, and Cartoon Illustration BradHallArt.com


Learning art for life enrichment

Although in my official capacity as an instructor at Glendale Community College, I am forbidden to even hint at the possibility that a student may be taking a class for life enrichment, many people do. Yes, Maricopa County can be sued if a teacher even implies "life enrichment".

But I can talk about it here. And if you're thinking of taking a class at your local community college to learn anything from drawing to Adobe Photoshop, I recommend that you do it. You may never start a new career in computer graphics, but I can guarantee that your life will be enriched. Remember that even if you never make a penny from your art, that it can be your life without being your livelihood.

I wish I could say this to my students, but I can't. Apparently it's a liability thing.