This blog is about Graphic Design, Vector Art, and Cartoon Illustration BradHallArt.com


Why you shouldn't read a book on a tablet, or a phone

Yesterday I had the painful experience of watching someone reading a book on an Android Tablet. If you have been resisting reading ebooks because you have seen someone trying to read on an iPad, or a phone, or a tablet, I can't blame you. Don't do it.

Get an ereader. That's mine in the photo, which is a Nook. Cheap and simple, and the best thing is that it doesn't use a LCD screen like a tablet, computer, or phone. It uses a technology called "e-ink" which allows you to read it in daylight, like I am now. Mine also has a tiny light inside of it for when you are trying to read in low light.

If you've never seen an ereader, it will amaze you. It is about the size and shape of a paperback book, and it has the same feel. It's as light as a feather, and best of all, it doesn't use a glaring LCD screen. If you can read a whole book on a tablet, or a phone, I would imagine that you would be the kind of person who can drive all night while the headlights of oncoming traffic blasts into your eyes. I can't.

I like my ereader.