This blog is about Graphic Design, Vector Art, and Cartoon Illustration BradHallArt.com


Switching over to the Google Chrome browser

In preparation for the purchase of my new Chromebook, I have switched over from Safari to Google Chrome for my browser here at home. Don't get me wrong, I'm still a Mac guy, but I plan on doing more travel, and it looks like the Chromebook will be perfect for me.

My experience is that I don't need all of the horsepower of this mighty iMac while I am away for a week or so. I just need to access the web, etc., and that's all a Chromebook is designed to do. It won't run Photoshop, or Dreamweaver, or anything like that. But when I am away I don't need those applications. But it's always a bit uncomfortable changing browsers so I am going to do it here in the comfort of my Mac, and it will make using the Chromebook easier.

I have never had any interest in spending mega-bucks for the convenience of accessing my email and the web, and I have no interest in trying to use a teeny-tiny keyboard on a phone or a tablet.

I just got Netflix this month, and it looks like Google Chrome is now supporting it, and it would have been the only reason to avoid a Chromebook. Now all I gotta do is go to Walmart and get the thing. I have my eye on a Samsung.