This blog is about Graphic Design, Vector Art, and Cartoon Illustration BradHallArt.com


How to remove the annoying "Apps" bookmark from Chrome

For reasons that I can't even begin to understand, Chrome decided to add "Apps" to the first position of the bookmark bar. Real estate is precious there, and my first thought was to get rid of it. I never, ever use this. I have much more important stuff to do, as you can see, like watching Netflix. And I have already bookmarked Google Calendar, etc. Unfortunately, even though "Apps" is in the bookmarks bar, it doesn't show up in the bookmarks manager. But you can get rid of it! This is how:

Right-click on it and click on the checkmark next to "Show Apps Shortcut". It will toggle it away. Yeah, I know if would have been nice if they had not done it, or made it so that you can remove it, or even move it, in the bookmarks. bar, but they didn't.

I don't know why they do this kind of stuff, but they do.