This blog is about Graphic Design, Vector Art, and Cartoon Illustration BradHallArt.com


How to have the best teacher, ever!

I had only been teaching for about a year when I got the feeling that I was becoming unpopular. I worked very hard to prepare for classes, I presented information in an interesting way, my classes had good projects, but something was wrong. Luckily, I was able to find out what was wrong when I overheard a conversation in an elevator between two students.

When I heard that a teacher was the "best teacher, ever!" I had to listen in on what should have been a private conversation between two students. It went like this: "I had the best teacher, ever! You got an A for doing nothing in her class!"

Unfortunately, education is something that some people are happy to pay for, and not get. It's the only product that I know that works that way. Fortunately, for schools that give nothing but passing grades, wiser heads prevail, or the school gets a bad reputation or it goes away. By the way, these students must have been talking about a teacher in some other school. This was at The Art Institute of Phoenix. We never, ever, gave the students nothing for their tuition. Although many wish that we did! I taught a lot of the introductory classes, and there was always a vocal group whose main question was, "can we go home?"

If you are considering going to The Art Institute of Phoenix, you will find an excellent curriculum, state-of-the-art technology, and the best teachers, ever!