This blog is about Graphic Design, Vector Art, and Cartoon Illustration BradHallArt.com


What to say to a minor celebrity

I met a minor celebrity yesterday. No, I'm not going to tell you who, as I would imagine that being called a "minor celebrity" is not much of a compliment. But I am a minor celebrity myself, so I know what I want people to say to me.

I said, "hey, you're the (identifying where I know him from) guy!". Believe me, this pleases a minor celebrity. And, of course, the etiquette is very different from meeting a major celebrity.

The etiquette for meeting a major celebrity is to just say "hi". A major celebrity doesn't need to be reminded that most people think of them as a movie star. In fact, these people are mostly pleased to be treated like ordinary folk.

Not so with people who have had the tiniest brush with fame. And believe me, there are a LOT of minor celebrities out there. So, if you recognize a minor celebrity, go over and say that you saw them (wherever it was). DON'T ask them who they are, or say, "are you that guy that was in that thing?" That just makes it worse. If you don't recognize them, then keep on walking.

If you recognize me, and remember from where, please do walk over and say hello. Aw, shucks, it wasn't nothin'. And it really wasn't.