This blog is about Graphic Design, Vector Art, and Cartoon Illustration BradHallArt.com


The first steps to getting Apple TV

The first steps to getting Apple TV have nothing to do with getting Apple TV. In fact, getting Apple TV is the very last step of many that you will have to do to get it to work. So hold off on getting that box. First things first.

• First of all, you have to be comfortable using iTunes. If you're like me, and you have been using iTunes for years, you can cross that off your list. You're done with step one.  If you're wondering what iTunes is, and if you need a Macintosh computer to use it, you have some homework to do.

• You need Wifi in your house. Wifi is a little box that plugs into your modem that allows you to get an internet signal all over your house. I got Wifi so I could use my Chromebook all over the house. I also use it for my ereader. If you have Wifi, that's step two done. If you're wondering what Wifi is all about, again, you have homework to do.

• You need a High-Definition TV. You will need a TV that accepts an HDMI cable. If you have a 1080P TV, you're all set. If have an old TV, get a new one. And learn what 1080P is all about.

I have accomplished all of the above steps and ordered my Apple TV today. I bought it from Apple and it's promised to be here in a week. I also have a friend who showed me how he uses his Apple TV and I practiced a bit with the interface.

I think I'm ready for it! I'll let you know how it goes.

Update January 17th. I am lovin' the Apple TV. It works great, was easy to set up, and it's 1080p!