This blog is about Graphic Design, Vector Art, and Cartoon Illustration BradHallArt.com


Installing Mavericks on your Mac

The latest upgrade to the Macintosh OS is called "Mavericks". If you have Lion or Mountain Lion, you can upgrade. I went from Lion. I guess they must have run out of names of cats.

Anyway, it's free and it's easy. I did it this afternoon and the only thing that seemed a little strange is that I couldn't tell if it was working. I Googled "how to tell if Mavericks is downloading" and found that it would take from a half-hour to an hour. I really didn't mind, I wandered off and watched Netflix on my Apple TV, but it would have nice if they had mentioned it on the page. Maybe they did, but I never saw it.

Anyway, aside from that strange feeling that "everything is the same, and yet everything is different" that always happens with a software upgrade, it worked fine.

Mavericks, near San Mateo, California