This blog is about Graphic Design, Vector Art, and Cartoon Illustration BradHallArt.com


Why you shouldn't ruin your photos with filters

I love looking at photos. But for some reason, many people feel that they are *too boring* without some kind of *artistic* filter. Hopefully the damage can be undone in the future, but my recommendation is that you don't do it.

My parents painted a *faux antique* finish on a cedar chest in the 1970s. They must have thought that just plain cedar was too boring. Hey, they were young. Luckily, when I inherited it, I was able to remove the paint to reveal the beautiful original finish. It took me a long time, but to me it was worth it.

Yes, I can do digital restoration in Photoshop. But I wish I didn't have to. Leave the *artistic* filters alone, your photo looks great without them.