This blog is about Graphic Design, Vector Art, and Cartoon Illustration BradHallArt.com


In defense of intelligent, talented, and beautiful women

I've known a lot of intelligent, talented, and beautiful women. And yes, a person can be all of these things at one time. But if you don't believe it, well, I guess I can't blame you. And unfortunately these women face the type of degrading prejudice that most people are all too willing to do.

If your first reaction to seeing a beautiful woman is to say something nasty like, *Yeah, I guess I know how she got THAT job*, don't worry, you're not alone. There are a lot of idiots out there who say that kind of thing. And even if you would never be idiot enough to say something like that, if it pops into your head, I would like to try to change your mind.

There are many things in life that we can't control. Our race, our gender, etc. And making degrading comments about people as regards things that they can't control is just, well, stupid. I have always been a defender, so please hear me out before you tell me to *lighten up*.

Before you blame *society*, examine your own prejudices. If a girl, or a woman, has a beautiful face, gorgeous hair, and a fit and sexy body, do you automatically assume that she can't be intelligent, or talented? And if that is your assumption, do you think that just because she does her makeup, takes care of her hair, and goes to the gym, she is stupid and talentless?

I started teaching in my thirties, and I met plenty of teachers, both male and female, who automatically wrote off a girl if she happened to have a pretty face. But I didn't. I never wrote off anyone for anything. The assignments, like life, were for those who could rise to the challenge, whatever they happened to be. Even if they were beautiful girls.