This blog is about Graphic Design, Vector Art, and Cartoon Illustration BradHallArt.com


Why I like Apple TV

I was at Target yesterday and I saw a *Smart TV*. I just glanced at it, but I noticed that you could get Netflix, and other stuff, through it. I ended up buying a *dumb TV*, as I prefer Apple TV. This works the best for me, and if you have an extensive video library in iTunes, it's definitely the way to go.

Of course, most of the time I use the Apple TV to watch Netflix. There is also a lot of other stuff, like Crackle, etc., that I am just beginning to learn about. But mostly if I'm not watching Netflix, I am watching the movies that I own, which are on iTunes.

I use iTunes a lot. I have extensive playlists for movies, TV shows, music, and audiobooks. For the music and audiobooks, I use my iPod. For the videos, I use Apple TV. I have a Blu-Ray player, which I will keep, but I really don't use it much. I will keep my DVDs around, the same way I have kept my old VCR tapes, until I realize that I don't need them anymore.

So, here is the bottom line - if you don't have a lot of movies in iTunes, there is really no reason to use Apple TV, just get a Smart TV to watch Netflix, etc. If you do have movies in iTunes, Apple TV is the best thing to use.