This blog is about Graphic Design, Vector Art, and Cartoon Illustration BradHallArt.com


Doing a Google search by talking to your computer

Wouldn't you like to just talk to your computer, you know, like in a science-fiction movie, ask questions? Well, you can. I use Chrome on my Mac here and there is a function called *OK Google*. Here's how to set it up.

https://support.google.com/websearch/answer/3542118?hl=en

To make it work, open a tab, or just go to a Google search page and say, *OK Google*. A red circle of appears, and it will listen to you, and you'll see Google type out what you're saying. Then it goes directly to the Google index page for you.

Another cool thing about OK Google is something that is kind of surprising is when you get somewhere. it'll read to you. If you say, for example, tell me about Nelson Mandela, it will tell you a sentence or two about Nelson Mandela.

I don't know if I will use this, as my first instinct is to actually type. It's designed mostly for people using Smart Phones. And, by golly, it works!