This blog is about Graphic Design, Vector Art, and Cartoon Illustration BradHallArt.com


Why Google Docs shows a strange green cursor with your name


If you ever have been working in Google Docs and see a strange green curser that displays your name, and ever tried to get rid of it, thinking that it's a formatting error, don't worry, it's just you, on your other computer.

Today I was typing on a Google document and switching between my Chromebook and my Mac, making an evaluation of their different keyboards, when I suddenly saw a green cursor thing, with my name. I tried to delete it, but it wouldn't go away. And what it is is simply showing you that someone else has typed on your document on another computer. And that someone else is you!

Anyway, as you can see, I am unhappy with the slick surface of the keyboard on my Chromebook as opposed to the nice finger feel of the keyboard cover on my Mac. I'm gonna go see if I can find a similar cover for the Chromebook.

And as I switch back and forth between my Mac and my Chromebook I will be followed by this guy Brad Hall, who is just me!