This blog is about Graphic Design, Vector Art, and Cartoon Illustration BradHallArt.com


How to watch the news, using Apple TV

I hate watching the news. Not because I'm not interested in the news, I am, but because the information had been presented to me in a way that I don't like. I'm not a *real time* TV watcher, so the pace of it just seems ponderously slow. I didn't mind the commercials as much as I mind he *later, we'll tell you, now we're going to tell you, coming up we'll tell you...* that just goes on and on. Just tell me, please. And if it interests me a lot, I want be able to go and hear it again, not wait through a bunch of useless stories about celebrities, until it's broadcast again.

I tried reading the news on the internet. But it's a flurry of rotating ads, and confusing headlines. And it's as if you already have to know what to look for to find what's important. I don't know what's important, that's why I'm reading the news!

So, recently I discovered a trick, using Apple TV, which seems to be working for me. I go to ABC news and watch the featured stories. It's done in a sequence, and if afterwards I want to go back and watch a particular segment again, I can. There is also an in-depth area for particular stories. I noticed that commercials are set between them, but it really doesn't bother me. It has to be paid for somehow, and I don't mind learning about the latest laundry detergent.

Wow, I actually have some idea of what's going on in the world nowadays! Cool.