This blog is about Graphic Design, Vector Art, and Cartoon Illustration BradHallArt.com


How to fix No SIM on your iPhone 6


If your new iPhone 6 gives the strange message along the top left of the screen No SIM, it has lost its connection. Here's how to fix it - restart your phone. This is how:

Hold down two buttons at the same time, the power button (the one on the right side) and the home button (the round one towards the bottom on the front). Hold them both down until the phone goes black. Then turn the phone back on by clicking on the power button (the one of the right side.)

That just fixed it for me this morning. And I guess I need to look for the little dots along the top left of the screen and the name of my carrier, which is Verizon. If they aren't showing, you aren't connected.

I hope this helps.

Update the next morning - Dang, it's doing it again. Well, the phone is still under warranty, so I can take it back. It's only a few blocks to the Verizon store, and I'm sure that they'll cheerfully replace it. Still, I'm gonna keep trying to do the reboot fix. When I've had enough, I'll go get a new phone.

My research is showing that these phones have been doing this for a long time, and -sigh- the only solution is to get a replacement. Guess I'll be visiting the Verizon store again. I'll let you know how it goes.

Update. Defective SIM card. Verizon replaced it, and it only took a few minutes.  The SIM card, by the way, is what connects you to your carrier, which in my case is Verizon.


Brad draws custom cartoon illustrations for publications, blogs, presentations, anything you want. You can contact him at his website BradHallArt.com