This blog is about Graphic Design, Vector Art, and Cartoon Illustration BradHallArt.com


How to quickly mute your iPhone 6 without looking at it


I enjoy listening to music on my iPhone, but it occurred to me that there didn't seem to be a *no-brainer* way to mute it. That is, something that didn't require me to actually look at the device, just something that I could do by touch. And I discovered how to do it this morning, with an accidental touch and squeeze.

To do this, just hold the phone with your finger on the bottom volume button, and squeeze the phone. I did this accidentally this morning while holding the door open for my dog, and I have to admit it puzzled me at first. I've only had the phone for a few days!

The volume of the phone drops down until it's silent, and you just click the top volume button to get back to listening.


Brad draws custom cartoon illustrations for publications, blogs, presentations, anything you want. You can contact him at his website BradHallArt.com