This blog is about Graphic Design, Vector Art, and Cartoon Illustration BradHallArt.com


How to use Google maps as a mall directory


Yes, you can use Google maps on your Smart Phone to find a store inside of a mall. I just did it today.

I dropped off my car to be serviced this morning and had the shuttle take me to the mall, where I had lunch, and just wandered around for a while. When the car was done, I was told to be waiting by "Johnny Rockets", and since I really had no idea where it was, I opened the Google maps app on my Smart Phone and said, "Johnny Rockets Arrowhead Mall". It told me that I was 475 feet away from it, and showed a map of all of the stores around me. I was standing next to Dick's Sporting Goods and saw that it was in a particular direction, and I walked over there.



A pretty neat trick, wouldn't you say? No more looking for mall directories!