This blog is about Graphic Design, Vector Art, and Cartoon Illustration BradHallArt.com


Why you shouldn't use the Google Calendar app quite yet


I got all excited yesterday looking at the Google Calendar app for my iPhone. It really is beautiful. But since, as of this writing, June 17, 2015, it is visually very different from the desktop Google Calendar, and there isn't an iPad version yet, I'm gonna stick with Calenmob.

And really, all of the graphics and visual noise on the Google Calendar app is just kind of distracting, if all you're trying to do is to glance at your phone and check your calendar. And most importantly, it doesn't have the same visual feel as the desktop Calendar. And, of course, you can't use it on your iPad.

So, in spite of its being beautiful, it would be confusing for me to have one visual interface on the desktop, and different one on my iPhone, and different one on my iPad. Calenmob looks mostly the same as the current Google desktop calendar, and it looks the same on my iPad and my iPhone, so I'm going to stick with it for now.

It's a small detail, but it's nice to have consistency. When I want to use the calendar, I want to just use the calendar, not try to figure out where everything is on a different visual interface depending on the device.