This blog is about Graphic Design, Vector Art, and Cartoon Illustration BradHallArt.com


Why you should move the position of your Adsense ads every once in a while


This past week at Target I noticed that they had moved things around. I wanted to buy another shirt exactly like the shirt I got a month ago, and when I walked to where I remembered it was, the area had all been rearranged. I noticed that they had done the same thing to the grocery area. My first thought, of course, was how annoying this was, and how then how much work it must have been for the people to have to move everything. And then I wondered why stores did this?

Luckily, I had an expert with me on the subject of why stores do this, someone who has made shopping an important part of her life. According to my expert, stores do this in order to stimulate sales. That is, if everything in a store is in the same place all of the time, and looks the same, people tend to not really see it. Mix it up a bit, and suddenly people see stuff, and buy stuff.

It's true. Whenever I move the ad placement a bit on my blog, the number of clicks goes up. The lesson here is simple. Just like at Target, people stop seeing stuff if it's in the same place all of the time. Move it a bit, and they start to see it again. How about that?