This blog is about Graphic Design, Vector Art, and Cartoon Illustration BradHallArt.com


How to add Google Contributor to your blog in HTML


It's November 6th, 2015 and I added the Google Contributor badge to my blogs yesterday. I'm an early adopter, and I'm experimenting mostly, so I am always curious about new stuff. At this point I'm really not clear how it all works, but I figured I'd give it a try. Did I mention that I'm an early adopter?

The trick, of course, was figuring out how to put it into a blog. The instructions were for websites, and assumed knowledge of HTML. And if you know this, you can put it on your blog now.

There may be other ways to do it, but for me, as an old HTML guy, I just found it easiest to use an HTML widget to my blog, and put the code that was supplied by Google. I made a couple of changes and tweaks - you put in your pub id, and I also adjusted the height and width.

I just got the email yesterday, and that was the first I've heard of this, so it will probably be easier to add to blogs later on. Right now it's just for the computer nerds, and if you are, go ahead and try it! I'm making this stuff up as I go. Let me know how it works for you!