This blog is about Graphic Design, Vector Art, and Cartoon Illustration BradHallArt.com


How to make those annoying pink lines all over Adobe Illustrator go away



I'm enjoying my newest version of Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Creative Cloud, but I've noticed those annoying pink lines all over the place while I'm drawing. I'm sure that if I were an engineer, I would appreciate this, but I'm just drawing a cartoon of a coral reef, and as I draw having those pink lines flash all over the place is kind'a like having someone shine a flashlight into my eyes as I draw. I suppose if I were at a concert, watching a laser show, I might enjoy this, but really, while I'm drawing, they gotta go.

How to make those annoying pink lines all over Adobe Illustrator go away

These things are called "Smart Guides". Yeah, they make my eyes smart! To turn them off go to the menu along the top, click "View" (yes, View - I have no idea why) then look towards the bottom of the menu and deselect "Smart Guides".

Much easier on the eyes!