This blog is about Graphic Design, Vector Art, and Cartoon Illustration BradHallArt.com


Why your iPhone is taking ten pictures, instead of just one


One of the strangest things that the camera in your iPhone does is to take ten pictures when you push the button. I have no idea why it does this, I'm sure it's a handy function for some people, but for just about everyone who gets a new iPhone it's a problem. Hopefully Apple will remove that function (it's called a "burst", by the way), but for now you just have to learn how to avoid it. This is how:

• Tap the button, don't push it. Yeah, I know it's a subtle difference, but that's all it is. If you hold down on the button for more than a heartbeat, your phone thinks that you want ten pictures, taken suddenly.

I have no idea why they do this kind of stuff, but they do. I wish they wouldn't, but no one ever asks me. Anyway, your iPhone takes great pictures, so keep shooting!

Tap, don't push.

Come on, Apple! Either get rid of this, or allow it to be turned off!