This blog is about Graphic Design, Vector Art, and Cartoon Illustration BradHallArt.com


How, and why to use the scheduling function in Patreon


Patreon is a great way to share stuff to people who support you. You can have people donate a certain amount per creation, or a certain amount per month. I have three tiers, $1, $2, and $5 a month. And my supporters get my stuff delivered to them right away, from Patreon, through their email. If they have the Patreon app, they can see it there on their phone, or tablet.

But you have to be careful not to post too much too fast. When I added more rewards to the top tiers, I used the schedule function. That way I could give these bonus things without either sending too much at one time, or forgetting to do it. If you haven't tried the scheduling function, you should. Patreon just moved everything around on their site, so if you haven't seen it, go look for it. It's deeply hidden, so I just did this graphic to see if that helps you to find it. You have to click two times before it's revealed. I have no idea why they hide this stuff so carefully, but they do. I'm sure they mean well!

I'm sure they mean well, but it's worth looking for - scheduled, two steps in until you can see it

When I first started on Patreon, about a year ago, I thought that it would be best to get all of my stuff uploaded there. I hadn't realized that if I uploaded six things, my patrons would get six notifications, so I backed off, and did three a day for several months. Turns out that was a waste of time. People don't discover stuff on Patreon, they discover it elsewhere, and once they become a patron, they like having it delivered to them, fresh and hot!

I will be wandering off on vacation for two weeks next month, and will not be able to post to Patreon at that time. So I'm scheduling things, using the scheduling function. It's tricky to use, but worth the trouble. That way my patrons will continue to get stuff while I'm goofing off!